Tuesday, August 17, 2010

to be bright and green

I love DIY, especially for the home. In part because I need to constantly have a creative outlet, and also because I enjoy taking credit for the cool decor accents within my home. For inspiration and ideas, I spend a lot of time on various sites: readymade.com and apartmenttherapy.com are amazing. On Re-nest, I had seen postings of solar-paneled lanterns and loved the idea: It incorporates sustainability, mason jars, and lighting, all things I like. However, I also knew I wanted to take the project a step further to play with color and reflection. These are a couple I have made with glitter and sequins and spray paint. Next I want to try glass beads and tinsel. I aspire to soon have a shelf of these lanterns all glowing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment