Friday, October 8, 2010

Sketchbook Project...First showing

As I mentioned a while back, I signed up for Art House Co-op's "Sketchbook Project".  It is thrilling be working on something that seems so small, but is linked to thousands of people worldwide. I think I may even submit a page to their website. It took a while to get started on because the pages of the moleskine are so thin, I actually had to take the pages out and re-bind the book. (Note: this took longer than expected; I made two pamphlets out of bristol and kind of created my own stitching method, after talking to a girl from Paper Source and purchasing some waxed twine.) But now its perfect! Here's one of my first page spreads, based on a sleep machine I made back in my college days. The color in the photo is a bit off; I could not get the scanner to work. I'm enjoying this project because each page brings new possibilities, and it takes the pressure off trying to make things perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment