Monday, September 13, 2010

I pine for...

As you may or may not know, in 3 three weeks I will be relocating back east, eventually to NYC but initially a short stint in Bucks County, PA--a small, but artsy community. This is one of those moves where I have to really purge, and pick and choose what I love and need as I start my life over. Moving became a reality for me when i packed up my pine cone collection. For the past few years I have been finding and gifted various sizes and shapes of the beautiful wooden sculptures. In manifesting my future life, I find myself daydreaming about a better setup to showcase my collection. I keep thinking I want to build something that replicates an old postal shelving, with lots of different  cubbies so none of them get overshadowed. Heres a  small a small glimpse of what I had.
the moss fits in nicely
Today, when I was bopping around design sponge, I saw this photo, which is to showcase the lights but really caught my attention because whoever created this, also shares my love of pine cones.
This picture reinforces that my collection needs to be displayed properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment