Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Show!

Things have been hectic. For a girl that likes to keep busy, I have recently been feeling I have a bit too much on my plate, so I apologize that I've been MIA. But I'm gonna make it up to you, and update on what I've been doing/seeing/inspired by recently.
just one of my favorites from "coffee and cigarettes"
Last week, mum and pop came into the city and we had a delish lunch at ABC kitchen (crab toast is to die for, so is the morning flatbread, and if I had and more room in my belly I definitely would have shared the sundae (carmel cookies, carmel ice cream, the works) but I had to say "basta". Afterward, we went into BK for the Sketchbook show at Brooklyn Art Library on North 3rd. I tried to go to the opening a few weeks before but the space was packed. How it works: They have over 10,000 sketchbooks archived in the library. You get a library card and pick a theme and they randomly give you three or four to browse through. I recommend giving this a couple hours because it is totally enjoyable to hang out there. part of the allure is also the fact that you feel like you're peeking though a diary. Here are a couple photos from the library, and because the sketchbooks are going on tour, you should check the website and see them when they come into town!
**also I wanted to mention that I think its so cool how the participants are from all over the globe and vary in age from 4-68 years (from what I read)

No comments:

Post a Comment