Thursday, January 13, 2011

SLPS

Happy New Year! Perhaps a little behind schedule, this morning I decided to distract myself from drawing to look on Craigslist. As we all know, looking for a new job, internship, opportunity on CL can leave one feeling depleted--like you are alone in this world sending out cover letters to a vast abyss. My advice: simply dwell on the possible opportunities and organizations that exist. Today, while I may not have found work, I did find an incredible organization that combines my favorite things: art, food, new friends. Slideluck Potshow is a NYC non-profit art org, that sets up smorgaborgs (sp?) of culture. In various cities around the world, gatherings are held where artists slideshows are presented, various home-cooked delicacies are shared, and people enjoy the splendors. Afterward, recipes and artwork is showcased on the website, creating an international art network.

I love everything about this! Check out Jonah Samson's work (from Berlin). So delightfully kitsch.

No comments:

Post a Comment