Saturday, July 31, 2010

set the mood

I've been back home for less than I week, and one of the things that I missed the most was my room...in particular my bed, and the overall feeling of comfort and cosiness. I woke up staring at my chandelier, which I still consider to be quite charming despite it two missing bulbs. A chandelier in a bedroom is a luxury. Its also fairly common in San Francisco with older Victorian homes where living rooms are later converted to bedrooms. Regardless, to me lighting helps create ambiance, and ambiance reamins an important factor whether it be a restaurant, bar, home, or interesting space.  No one wants to hang out in a room with poor lighting, and they especially don't want their picture taken in it. Anyways, I wanted to share some photos of good lighting in interesting places. The first are fireworks (4th of July looking over the Hudson) the second is a chandelier randomly hanging from scaffolding in Chelsea, and the third is from a boutique in the limelight market. I love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment